Many of us have heard of genetic testing. But do we really know what it is? Can it really be that simple? Well, genetic testing has been around for many years. It is actually in use today by a number of different medical and research institutions. The main goal of genetic testing is to determine certain traits and genetic conditions in an individual that may potentially lead to certain types of diseases.
Goals of Genetic Testing:
The ultimate goal of genetic testing is to help your healthcare provider make predictive, timely, and accurate diagnoses for you and your family. Others include:
- Diagnose Your Disease
- Pinpoint Genetic Factors That Caused Your Disease
- Predict How Severe Your Disease Might Be
- Choose the Best Medicine and Correct Dosages
- Discover Genetic Factors that Increase Your Personal and Family Risk
- Find Genetic Factors that Could Be Passed to Your Children
- Screen Newborns for Certain Treatable Genetic Conditions
Who Needs a Genetic Test:
Genetic testing looks for changes, sometimes called mutations or variants, in your DNA. Because we share DNA with our family members, if you are found to have a genetic change, your family members may have the same change. You may want to consider a genetic test:
- To learn whether you have a genetic condition that runs in your family before you have symptoms
- To learn about the chance a current or future pregnancy will have a genetic condition
- To diagnose a genetic condition if you or your child has symptoms
- To understand and guide your cancer, cardiac, and other hereditary genetic conditions for prevention or treatment plans
In addition, family members who do not carry mutations that increase their cancer risk may avoid unnecessary medical interventions.
What Tests Options does Vita Medical Solutions Currently Offer:
- Hereditary Cancer Screening (CGx)
- Hereditary Cardiac Screening (CARx)
- Diabetes-Obesity Screening
- Pharmacogenomics (PGx)
- More Coming Soon!
Are you a Candidate for Genetic Testing:
To help assess whether you may benefit and from genetic testing, take our 1-minute assessment at: https://geneticstesting.us/
Call us 1.800.590.9292 (toll free) or email at [email protected]
Test. Know. Educate. Advocate.